Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Casting Call

I came across this blog hop co-hosted by MelodieLisa, and Carrie at So You're a Writer earlier today and it looked like so much fun, I had to sign up and participate. It's open until the 28th, so feel free to join in if you haven't already.



Vallanie (Val) Sharp

The spunky sixteen-year-old narrator of The Chronicles of Vallanie Sharp was genetically designed by her artist mother to embody the perfect balance of intelligence and creativity. She's about as tough to cast as she is to catch in her dystopian homeland, but after spending a good hour searching google images, I've narrowed it down to three strong contestants:

The first has the hair right, and the somewhat more innocent (yet possibly suspicious) gaze I'm sure Val mastered at a young age. I could see her as how Val starts out in the early chapters. 




The second is closest to what I imagined her to look like (her hair is dark, though she dies it blonde).

But if I had to cast one of these gorgeous young ladies as the heroine Val, I would cast the third-she looks almost exactly as I imagined Val to look in the end, and she has the attitude down. Just suit her up in some dark futuristic clothing and she's good to go!



8 comments:

  1. Great post, Morgan! I love that you used aspects of all three photos to pin your character down. From what you've mentioned, the book sounds really interesting!

    Thanks for participating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the third one too. She has a quiet air about her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to pick the perfect character. No one will ever look the way they do in your head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like an interesting world she lives in, Morgan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post--sounds like a very interesting book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The third one definitely has the right look in her eye for your description. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good dystopian story. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dystopian YAY! I love the eyes on the first girl, I am all about eyes!!

    ReplyDelete