Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Tolkien Fan Q &A

So it should be pretty obvious by now that I'm a huge Tolkien fan. My friend Suzy made up this Tolkien Q&A at her blog resoundinglyrohan and I thought the questions were great "get to know you" questions so I'm posting them here! Feel free to use them if you want, just credit her (and let me know so I can read your responses!) I'd love to know what your preferences are and meet some fellow Tolkien fans in the process ^_^

Here are mine:

1) Which is your favourite Tolkien book?

     The Fellowship of the Ring. I just remember reading it the first time and wanting to be part of the fellowship and go exploring in Middle-earth!

2) Which is your favourite LOTR/ Hobbit film?

    Fellowship (for the same reasons as above).

3) Who was your favourite character?

     I love all the hobbits (Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin). It’s hard for me to choose between them. My first ever favorite character was Bilbo because he was easy to relate to and yet such a positive role model. But now it’s probably Frodo because I relate to him the most.

4) What is your favourite quote?

     “If you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

5) Which race would you want to be?


     Probably a hobbit so I could just eat all day and wander around the Shire.

6) Where in Middle-Earth would you want to live?


     The Shire.

7) Fangorn or Mirkwood?


     Well, Mirkwood, if I was friends with the wood elves. Otherwise, Fangorn.

8) Rohan or Gondor?


     Rohan. Gondor is too big and imposing.

9) Favourite sword?

            Sting. I know it’s technically a dagger, but both Bilbo and Frodo possess it so that just makes it awesome in my opinion.

10) Favourite Tolkien artist?

I don’t have one in particular. I think Tolkien’s own artwork is gorgeous. I also love Alan Lee’s drawings. There are several artists I’ve seen on tumblr who have made amazing fanart (I would consider them Tolkien artists ^_^)

11) Favourite piece of Tolkien inspired music?

    A tie between May It Be and Now and For Always (from the musical).

12) Which character would you like to be?

     Bilbo because he seems to be able to handle everything life throws at him and always makes the best of it. Or Frodo simply because he has the best friends imaginable.

13) Adventure or home?

     Both? It’s nice to be able to go out and have adventures, but only if you have a home to come back to.

14) Merry or Pippin?


  This is hard. It depends. I think I'd rather meet Merry in real life, but Pippin's more fun to read about, if that makes sense? Merry is very admirable and Pippin is very entertaining. But if I had to pick one in general I suppose I’d go with Pippin. Though I do love Merry, Pippin has some of the best lines in both the book and the film. I might also be influenced by the fact Pippin often reminds me of my sister :P

15) Fili or Kili?

     Kili. Because he was stabbed by a morgul weapon and I feel like I can relate….

16) Boromir or Faramir?

     Faramir. He’s always been one of my favorite characters. He’s a bit more thoughtful and compassionate than his brother.

17) Which character are you most like?

     Frodo. I’m not really sure why, but I just relate to him for some reason. Probably because I’ve always dreamed on going on adventures, but I know I’m not cut out for them. I tend to volunteer for things that are too demanding, but I always see them through. Also, my friends mean the world to me (although, sometimes I feel like I rely on them a little too much).

18) Which actor portrays their character best?


     Martin Freeman, hands down. I love all the actors, but he is the perfect Bilbo.

19) Favourite poem/song in the books?

     The Road Goes Ever On (Frodo's version, which is slightly more somber than Bilbo's)

20) Favourite character development?

     Merry (in the books). I feel like, of the four hobbits, he becomes the most well-rounded and admirable. I love how he comes back ready to apply all he’s learned to the good of others.

21) Favourite image from the books?


     The Ringwraiths. I had nightmares about them for years.

22) Favourite image from the films?

     Bag End, because it’s exactly how I imagined it.

23) Which character would you want to live with?

     Aragorn. I’d always feel safe!

24) Which mystical creature would you want as a pet?

      An Ent. Does that count? I just really like trees.

25) Which character do you dislike the most?

     Other than the bad guys, I think I’d probably say Thorin. I like him, but it annoys me that he puts so many lives in danger due to his own greed.

26) Eowyn or Arwen?

     Eowyn. I like Arwen, but Eowyn defeated the Witch King and that’s wicked awesome!

27) Would you wish for immortality as Elves have?
     No. It would be really sad to watch everyone else die around you.

So there you have it! What do you think? Anyone in agreement with me on any? Care to dispute some? I'd love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment